A view of the falls from below the pool.
Mason basks in the sun at The Red Light District.
View through the umbrella magnolias at Fosters
Lance Brock floating through the steep sandstone of Darkie the Bum Beast 5.13.
Foster Falls is located within the South Cumberland State Park (550 acres) near Tracy City, Tennessee and is home to many great sport climbing routes and a mountain forest setting. Check out the big waterfall at Foster Falls on your hike in to the crag. Enjoy!
Hours of Operation
7am until sunset. Park is open year-round.
South Cumberland Park Info
Call 931-924-2980 for more info.
The SCC area rep for Foster Falls is Chris Barton: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Please practice Leave No Trace ethics. See www.lnt.org for more information. The damage you do to a rock or tree may take years to be undone.
2. Please pack out all trash whether it is yours or not.
3. Please stay on established trails.
4. Absolutely no drugs or alcohol tolerated!!
5. All climbers must be off the trail before dark
6. No rappelling allowed in climbing areas.
7. Absolutely no top roping directly off fixed anchors (the rope should not run through the fixed anchors during toproping, but through carabiners).
8. Please do not use chalk excessively.
9. Be courteous to others. If other climbers are waiting, please limit your time on routes.
10. Do not urinate near climbs or trails. Bury your waste and toilet paper or pack it out.
11. Please climb responsibly as the Law of Gravity is strictly enforced.
12. Abandoned gear will be confiscated. Please do not “fix” routes or place permanent gear without approval.
13. Dogs must be on a leash at all times.
There are 3 campgrounds near Foster Falls varying in distance from a 2.3 mile hike to right next to the parking lot. The Small Wilds Campground is a 2.3 mile walk from the parking lot. There are 6 sites available. The Father Adamz Campground is a half mile from the parking lot and offers 9 sites. The campsites at Small Wilds and Father Adamz rent for $8 a night plus a one time $5 reservation fee.
The Foster Falls Campground is located adjacent to the parking lot and offers 26 sites. Each site at the Foster Falls Campground offers a picnic table, and fire ring. Many of the sites have gravel tent pads as well. There is no water or electricity on the sites, but campers in this campground do have access to a bath house. The Foster Falls sites rent for $18 a night plus a one time $5 reservation fee. Reserving a campsite prior to arrival is HIGHLY recommended. This can be done through South Cumberland State Park's website. Be sure to read the rules and regulations associated with the campgrounds before visiting.
For campground reservations visit: Foster Camping Reservations
Climbing Management Plan
The SCC is working with the State Park Service and the Access Fund to put together a new climbing management plan, effective 2017. We will post this new plan when completed. Click here for information about the SCSP Fixed Anchor Committee.
Related Access Articles:
Kill or Be Killed 5.13b/c
Bottled up Warrior 5.12c
Twist and Shout 5.9
Ankles Away 5.9
Check out The Dixie Cragger''s Atlas by Chris Watford or Chatt Steel for more info
SCC Crag - Minimal Impact Flier:
[ Go Back ]
Published on: 2005-09-08 (22199 reads)
Copyright © by The Southeastern Climbers Coalition All Right Reserved.Content ©